Oreos are my weakness. They’re so tasty. I can open up one of those packs and just go ham with a big glass of milk. So when I figured out how to make my own Oreos that are the same, IF NOT BETTER, I’m in big trouble. Big big big trouble. Hence why I want to get you guys in trouble too so we can all eat mass amounts of Oreos together and gain oodles of weight and be happy, content, Oreo-filled people. Okay? Okay. Here’s the recipe!
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1. Melt the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl at half power in 30 second increments just until it’s fully melted with no lumps. Make sure to mix with a rubber spatula periodically to keep the chocolate from burning.
2. In a stand mixer, combine the softened butter and sugar. Cream the two together with the paddle attachment until light and fluffy.
6. Transfer to a piece of parchment paper and roll up the whole log to refrigerate for a couple hours until the log hardens.
7. Slice the log into 1/4″ slices and bake in a 325 degree oven for 20 minutes.
1.5 lbs confectioners sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
4.75 oz Crisco
1/4 cup hot water
1 1/2 T granulated sugar
1. Place the confectioners sugar, vanilla, and Crisco into a stand mixer and mix with the paddle attachment.
2. Slowly add the hot water as it’s mixing and add more hot water a dribble at a time if needed based on what consistency you’re aiming for. 3. Once the desired consistency is reached, add the granulated sugar last and mix until combined.
YUMMYYYYYY. You could even just use the filling as a dip and throwback to the 90’s as if it’s Dunkaroos! Hope you enjoy your homemade oreos and have a great weekend! Check back on Tuesday for a next post on the blog! Thanks for reading!